I Did It!!


For a couple years now I have not been able to walk as much as I used to but since my husband wishes to do the West Coast Trail next summer I told him he would have to train, train, train.

And what is good for him must be good for me too. But only the training... I am not doing the trail. 

We left home right after 11 this morning, drove to the bottom of the hill and walked for 2 hours and 45 minutes...  anyone who has been here will know why we drove to the bottom of the hill. After you have walked 11+ km. hiking another 1 km. straight up is not pleasant.


I am so pleased to be able to walk again... I am home and not in pain so am over-the-moon happy!


Two happy hikers!

Not recommending this for everyone... just do what you can, when you can.

And above all, be well.


Comments

  1. Thanks for your encouragement. Shelby says we will need to do an overnight hike as a dry run... so that will be interesting. There is no Oak Bay Beach hotels along the trai.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts