Postscript to Valentines . . .

"The one thing we can never get is too much love. And the one thing we 
can never give enough of is love."
- Henry Miller


World wide people today have celebrated the joy of love, thanks to St. Valentine. Earlier in the day I was feeling a little sorry for the men who have been coerced and cajoled into participation.

But then I was at the perfume counter at Macy's buying myself some perfumed body lotion and a young man was next in line. He was fairly bubbling with joy. He had watched with great interest what I was choosing and he decided to go with the same. He had to tell the clerk and me that this gift was for a girl other than his official girlfriend and we laughed, telling him he was going to be in big trouble with the official one if she ever found out!!

Tonight I am so thankful, not only for my dear husband but for our family of seven that are a delight to us. I am one of the lucky ones.

There was a boy
A very strange enchanted boy
They say he wandered very far
Very far, over land and sea
A little shy and sad of eye

But very wise was he
And then one day, a magic day
He passed my way, and while he spoke
Of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
is just to love and be loved in return"

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
is just to love and be loved in return."

Good night to my dearly beloved family and friends. Wishing you a peaceful heart and a restful soul.








Comments

Popular Posts